Comments: Nothing in life can’t be made better by marinating it in Italian dressing.
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest +1 tablespoon juice
- 1 3/4 teaspoons table salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning*
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Four (10 to 12 ounce) bone-in chicken breasts, trimmed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- *Homemade Italian dressing
- 2 1/2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 1/2 tablespoons dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon each dried basil, rosemary, sage
- Combine Parmesan, oil, garlic, lemon zest, 1/2 teaspoon salt, sugar, Italian seasoning, pepper flakes, and pepper in a large bowl. Transfer chicken to bowl with marinade and turn to thoroughly coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour or up to 24 hours.
- Adjust oven rack to upper middle position and heat oven to 375°. Place chicken skin side down in 12 inch oven safe nonstick skillet; reserve any marinade left in bowl. Set skillet over medium heat and cook until skin is well browned, 12 to 15 minutes. Flip chicken, add any reserved marinade to skillet, and transfer skillet to oven. Roast until chicken registers 160° (20 to 25 minutes).
- Let chicken rest in skillet for 10 minutes. Transfer chicken to cutting board. Stir parsley, lemon juice, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt into pan juices, scraping up any browned bits. Carve meat off the bone and serve each breast crosswise 1/2 inch thick; transfer to platter. Spoon sauce over chicken and serve.