- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 4 pounds)
- 1/2 C prepared basil pesto
- 1/2 C low fat sour cream
- 3/4 C shredded mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten with a dash of milk
- 1/3 C parmesan cheese
- 1/2 C bread crumbs or almond flour for low carb/gluten free
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and lightly grease a large glass casserole dish. Slice the chicken in half and pound flat. Season the chicken well with salt and pepper on both sides.
- In a small bowl, mix together the pesto, sour cream, and cheese. Spread the mixture on the inside of each cut breast, then roll them up. No need to use toothpicks! Dip the breast in the eggs, then roll them in the bread crumbs until the outside is coated. Place the chicken, seam side down, in the pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until the chicken is firm and lightly browned. Use the juices from the pan to spoon over each breast when serving*
*The chicken’s breast, not yours.