- 1 pound Elbow Macaroni
- 1/2 cup butter- divided
- 1 Tbsp chopped garlic
- 6 Tbsp flour
- 3 cups whole milk- warmed
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1 1/4 cups shredded parmesan cheese – divided
- 1 1/2 cups Panko bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cook pasta 8-10 minutes and drain. Meanwhile in a medium saucepan melt 6 Tbsp butter over medium heat, sauté garlic in butter for 1 min.
- Whisk in flour- cook 1 min- whisking constantly. Gradually add in warmed milk, whisking constantly until smooth. Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until thickened and mixture comes to a boil.
- Blend in cheeses (reserving 1/4 shredded parmesan), salt and pepper to taste. Reduce heat to low and continue stirring until cheese is melted. Add sauce to cooked and drained pasta.
- Coat pan with cooking spray. Add cheesy pasta to cooking dish. Cover top with bread crumbs and remaining parmesan cheese (mix together). Bake for 20-25 mins or until golden brown on top.