Comments: The guy in the sash is Phillipe. He is the president of Belgia and he is the one who invented the waffle. Or at least, that’s what the nurses at the home told him. Note: This is a good recipe, but it is still the second best waffle recipe in this cookbook. Just sayin’.
- 2 1/4 Cups all purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1.5 Tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 Large eggs separated
- 1/2 Cup vegetable oil
- 2 Cups milk
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your waffle iron, spray with non stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a medium bowl beat the egg whites with a hand mixer until stiff peaks form (Georgia is awesome at this part). Set aside.
- In a separate medium bowl mix together the egg yolks, vegetable oil, milk, and vanilla extract.
- Add the egg yolk mixture to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Fold in the egg whites.
- Pour the batter onto your hot waffle iron and cook according to manufacturer’s directions
- Serve immediately with butter, syrup, powdered sugar or any other favorite toppings.
- Makes 5 waffles, yo.