Comments: Personally, I despise pumpkin pie. But, Jillian asked that I include this recipe, so here you go.
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 (15 oz) can of pumpkin *not pumpkin pie mix*
- 1 1/4 cups of evaporated milk or half and half
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 Pillsbury frozen deep-dish pie crust
- Preheat oven to 425º
- Do not thaw pie crust.
- In a large bowl combine sugar, pumpkin pie spice, salt, pumpkin, evaporated milk ( or half and half), and eggs. Pour mixture into pie crust.
- Bake for 15 minutes on 425º then reduce oven temperature to 350º and continue to bake for 40-50 minutes or longer until knife comes out clean. Let cool for 2 hours, refrigerate and serve.