Comments: Warning: These pancakes will ruin you. You’ll never accept anything less. Also, if you use anything but pure Vermont maple syrup, you are dead to me.
- 3/4 cups of milk
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Combine milk with vinegar and small bowl and set aside for five minutes to “sour”
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk egg and butter into “soured” milk. Put the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and whisk until lumps are gone
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and coat with cooking spray.
- Feel free to add blueberries or chocolate chips. Serve with maple syrup or whipped cream and strawberries.
Makes 9 pancakes, enough to feed three adults…or one adult and Bryan…who will probably want eggs as well…and bacon.