Comments: A dish almost too pretty to eat. Almost.
- 5 ounces Spanish-style chorizo sausage, quartered lengthwise and sliced crosswise 1/4 inch thick
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, thin sliced
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed and quartered through stem and
- 1 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoons table salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 ounces Manchego cheese, shredded (half cup)
- Combine chorizo, oil, and garlic in 12 inch nonstick skillet. Cook over medium heat until oil is bright red and garlic is just beginning to brown, about six minutes. Off heat, using slotted spoon, transfer chorizo and garlic to bowl; set aside.
- Add Brussels sprouts, paprika, salt, and pepper to oil in skillet and stir to combine. Cover and cook over medium high heat, stirring occasionally, until Brussels sprouts are bright green and starting to burn, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Uncover and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until Brussels sprouts are well browned in spots and tender, 5 to 7 minutes longer. Our feet stir in vinegar, honey, and chorizo mixture. Transfer to serving platter, sprinkle with cheese, and serve.