Comments: Does “Cod” stand for Catch Of the Day or is it simply the white fish they have the most of? Who cares? This is a decent way of serving it up.
- 4 portions cod fish
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup softened butter
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 lemon juiced
- Additional lemon slices or wedges for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and lightly grease a 9×13 baking dish.
- Lay cod fish filets out in the prepared baking dish. Season fish with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, stir together the butter, parmesan, flour, garlic, basil, onion powder, dijon mustard, and lemon juice.
- Top each fillet with a large spoonful of the butter mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes. Actual cooking time will depend on the thickness of your fish. The fish is done when it flakes easily with a fork.