Comments: This will look like a meal at a wedding, but unless you overcook it and serve with powdered potatoes, it won’t taste like it.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 shallots
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2-3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon (or parsley)
- Pound chicken breasts to 3/4 inch thick between 2 pieces of plastic wrap. Add salt, pepper to both sides. Add flour to shallow dish. dredge lightly in flour, shaking off excess, transfer to plate
- Melt 2 tablespoon of butter in nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook chicken, 4-6 minutes per side. Return chicken to plate
- Add shallots, garlic, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1 tablespoon butter and cook until shallots are softened, about 3 minutes. Stir in cream and return chicken to skillet, reduce heat and cover.
- Move chicken to serving platter. Whisk 2 tablespoons mustard and tarragon into cream sauce, spoon sauce over chicken. Serve.