Comments: This recipe embodies the problem with knowing how to cook: I don’t order lobster at restaurants primarily because I can do it better. If it’s whole lobster I find they use oil instead of real melted butter. If we’re talking lobster rolls it’s entirely because of this recipe. It’s just that good.
- 3 Chicken (1 1/4 lb) Lobsters (makes 4 lobster rolls). Use tail, knuckles, and claw meat.
- New England-style hot dog rolls (split at the top) toasted (or better yet, butter the sides and grill)
- 1/3 Cup mayo
- Table salt, pepper
- Tabasco sauce
- 2 Tablespoons melted butter
- Steam lobsters (3 lobsters = 15 min). Remove meat. Cut or tear to 1 inch pieces.
- Add mayo, melted butter
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste
- The secret: 3-4 shakes of Tabasco (gives it a back-end bite)