Comments: Okay, this recipe will blow your mind. It is a cascade of flavors that will have your loving every bite.
- 1 pound cod fillet
- 1 teaspoon paprika • Kosher salt and pepper • 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Half pound chorizo sausage
- 1 pound fingerling potatoes cut in half (lengthwise)
- 1 fourteen ounce can of whole corn kernels
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 heavy cream
- 1 lime, wedged
- 1/2 cup cilantro, torn
- Season cod with paprika, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Cook chorizo in a large skillet (I used cast iron on this one) over medium-high heat. Once it is nicely browned and cooked through, transfer to a plate and reserve.
- Add fingerling potatoes to the skillet and a bit of oil if necessary. Cook 15 to 20 minutes, stirring every now and then. Note: You can microwave the potatoes as well just to kick-start the cooking and then brown them in the skillet.
- While the potatoes cook, prepare the creamed corn:
- Place the butter, corn, and shallot in a large skillet.
- Cook over medium heat until shallot is translucent.
- Stir in cream, chili powder, salt-and-pepper. Let simmer until ready to serve.
- Once potatoes are fork-tender, transfer them to the plate with the chorizo. Tent with foil to keep warm.
- Wipe the skillet clean with a paper towel and add a bit more olive oil.
- Carefully place the cod fillets in the pan and cook for a couple of minutes per side or until fish flakes easily with a fork and is no longer opaque in the center.
- Complete the potato and chorizo, then creamed corn, and top with cod.
- Garnish with a sprinkling of cilantro and a squeeze of lime. Boom!