Comments: This is my version of a recipe found in a book Kati FarkaBerry gave me for Father’s Day. I jacked up the honey and dialed down the Sriracha and then added the bread crumb part. Very tasty with a dash of back-end heat.
- 4 Boneless chicken breast
- 4 Tablespoons Honey
- 1 Tablespoon Sriracha
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter (divided)
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 2/3 cup bread crumbs
- Salt, Pepper
- Add chicken to 1 gallon bag.
- Mix honey, Sriracha, and lime juice well, add to bag along with 3 tablespoons butter. Shake to mix.
- Preheat Sous Vide water to 140 degrees. Press air from bag, add chicken and cook for one hour.
- Remove the chicken from the bag and add to a plate. SAVE THE JUICE.
- Pat the chicken dry, salt and pepper both sides. Set aside.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon butter to frying pan (I use cast iron, because I’m special) on medium heat. Melt butter.
- Press chicken into bread crumbs, add to pan. Cook 3 minutes (but be careful as they might burn). Flip and cook another 2 minutes. Remove and set aside. Carve or serve as is.
- Return pan to burner, turn heat up to high. Add juice. Reduce, use wooden spoon to scrap up browned bits, and drizzle on top of chicken. You can serve with lime wedges or cilantro.