Comments: Because why wouldn’t you?
- 1/4 cup (3/4 ounce) nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/4 cup (3/4 ounce) Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 cup (6 ounces) bittersweet or semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 ounces bourbon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Marshmallows or whipped cream optional
- Whisk milk powder, cocoa, and sugar together in medium saucepan. Slowly whisk in milk until incorporated with no lumps remain. Bring to simmer over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. Off heat, immediately whisk in chocolate chips until melted and smooth.
- Stir in bourbon and vanilla.
- Divide among 4 mugs. Top with marshmallows, if using. Serve.